Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Beyond the Night - Joss Ware, Colleen Gleason For the most part this was a pretty decent first in series book. Set 50 years in the future, after massive ecological upheaval, Dr. Elliott Drake and a few friends wake up to a different world. We kind of learn the politics of this new world and what happened to cause the changes as they do. Jade's had a difficult life and because of years spent as a victim, she has a few control issues. Completely understandable. There was one scene that lowered this book to a 3 star rating, I was completely disgusted by one of the sex scenes in the book. When Jade walks into Elliott's room, she mentions the stench of blood and death in the air. The mattress is soaked with blood. Sure, she finds the body in the bathroom and covers it with a sheet. But then she goes back into the bedroom, finds Elliott and they procede to have sex. ?!? What? They started and I kept thinking, what about the body? Things move along and I kept thinking, BUT THERE'S A BODY! IN THE NEXT ROOM! Things keep progressing and all I can think about is the body in the bathroom and the stench of blood and death that Jade could smell from the hallway door. UGH! Not Sexy at all! The more I think about it, the more I debate. Maybe it's not even worth the 3 stars. I will give the series one more chance, but if there's another scene like this one, I won't continue.