Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Kindling the Moon - Jenn Bennett What a wonderful surprise this book was. When it comes to new authors and new series, I never know quite what to expect. But if the world building is decent and the bones of a good story are present, I'm usually willing to give an author time to grow. Bennett far exceeded my expectations.

In Bennett's world, demons are hidden from savages (unaware humans), but Arcadia is unique even among magic users with her ability to see their halos. Arcadia is a strong female and while she has a few casual friendships, she has to be wary of close relationships. Lon's ex-wife's past actions have made him very protective of his son and wary of letting others in. But his insular attitude disappears the minute he begins interacting with Jupe. I really liked the characters, but I absolutely adore Jupe. He ran away with every scene he appeared in.

The story itself was well written and the pace moved along well. I was kept guessing until the very end on a key plot point, which was great.

Overall, a wonderful read and I've already tracked down book 2 to start soon.