Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Archangel's Blade - Nalini Singh I've enjoyed Singh's Guild Hunter series, perhaps not quite as much as the Psy-Changeling stories, but still great reading. Dmitri's story turned out to be my favorite in the series so far.

All of Raphael's Seven are dangerous weapons, but Dmitri has come across as the coldest and most lethal. We learn a lot about Dmitri's past and what made him the man he is today. I don't want to spoil anything, but his making and the events surrounding it, seen in flashbacks throughout the book, make it easy to see why he would cut himself off from emotional relationships of any type. Honor's fascination with Dmitri has been tempered by her time as a captive of vicious vampires. Yet, when her Hunter responsibilities require her to spend time with Dmitri track down a killer, she begins to overcome the traumatic event. I loved watching their attraction grow into something deeper. I want to say so much more about it, but I really can't without ruining a major spoiler. I'll just leave it with: The relationship was intense and emotional, making for a wonderful read.

I also liked that while other characters, including Raphael and Elena, appeared and added to the overall story, Dmitri and Honor remained the main focus of the book.

I will say, this book may not be for everyone. Though it is set in Singh's Urban Fantasy Guild Hunter universe, this is most definitely PNR. It's also graphic. Dmitri's past, Honor's torture and the present day reprisals/punishments against vampires are quite descriptive and may be a little much for someone looking at it for a PNR read. If, like me, you enjoy UF and PNR equally, you'll probably enjoy this book that touches on both genres.