Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Raven Cursed - Faith Hunter For some reason this has been a hard book to review. I debated between 4 and 5 stars. So I'm giving it 4.5.

Jane's history and internal dialogues with Beast is one of the most fascinating and entertaining aspects of this series. I'm not going to go into the details to avoid spoilers, but Jane can shapeshift into a mountain lion who she calls Beast. They each have a distinctive voice and their personalities are very different, which can sometimes put them at odds over a course of action. Jane's fear that the demon banishing has taken Beast from her had me upset. LOL. The series wouldn't be the same without Beast.

I also really enjoy Jane's relationship with the Molly and family. Jane's been alone most of her life, hide's her skinwalker abilities from everyone, but allows this family into her heart. Beast has a soft spot for the "kits" and protects them when necessary. I would have liked to have seen Jane interact more with them when danger wasn't an imminent possibility.

Jane is still dealing with fallout from the events of the last book. Witches, vampires, werepanthers, werewolves and grindylows all appear. In this book demons and angels are added to the mix. There really was a lot going on this time around, but the majority was tied up into one overall plot by the end.