Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Alien Diplomacy - Gini Koch I absolutely love this series and I loved this book. I cannot wait for December's arrival of Alien vs. Alien, book #6.

Kitty's decidedly quirky sense of humor is one of my favorite things about this series. As a villain remarked in this book, her propensity for funny nicknames (Operation Fugly, Operation Drug Addict, Cabal of Evil) doesn't stem from immaturity or an inability to remember (i.e. lack of intelligence). Rather, Kitty has a unique world view and she calls 'em like she sees 'em. That view is an asset in trying to figure out plots and schemes against the Alpha Centaurians. She can often see (or talk) her way to the heart of the matter given enough clues and time. This book had Kitty handling two big life altering events. First, she has to handle dangerous situations when her baby daughter has to be considered. Secondly, having to work as a diplomat and letting others take over the action is difficult for her and the rest of the new diplomatic team.

Another great thing about the series are the secondary characters. Old favorites (Reader, Angela Katt, Chuckie, Paul) were present and a few more were added to the mix this time around. Of course, one drawback is some favorites did not have as big a presence this time around. And with so many characters, I sometimes felt like a needed a cheat sheet of names to remind me who was who.

Overall, a great addition to the series.