Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
One Salt Sea - Seanan McGuire As many arrows, loosed several ways, come to one mark;
As many ways meet in one town;
As many streams meet in one salt sea;
So may a thousand actions, once afoot, end in one purpose.
William Shakespeare, King Henry V

The title, and the Shakespeare line it originated from, gave me hope a key series plot point would come to culmination and I would find out the answers to some burning questions. Namely: What was the real reason Sylvester's brother kidnapped Rayseline so long ago? Was the lengthy kidnapping and Rayseline's resulting madness part of Simon's long game? And where exactly was she held? I enjoyed reading the book so much, I don't even care I hoped in vain and none of these questions were answered. We did learn some interesting information this time around. Namely, how Fetch's are created and specifically why May (Toby's Fetch) came into existence.

I do wish McGuire would quit playing cat & mouse with me. (Pun intended) Once again, the last book ended with things looking up between Toby and Tybalt. I had real hopes that she would forget about Connor and develop a real relationship with the King of the Cats. And once again, the new book opens with no relationship growth at all; Tybalt has been uncommunicative for good reason known only to him and instead, Toby's relationship with Connor has continued growing. Tybalt does reappear throughout the story and as the book ended, I'm once again hoping for relationship development in the next one.

In One Salt Sea, Toby investigates the kidnapping of two brothers whose disappearance could spark a war in Fairie. Toby actually has to visit the Underwater Kingdom at one point, which is difficult for her due to her previous transformation into a fish for 14 years. The various sea Fae descriptions were fascinating and I hope we see more of them in the future. The entire case and it's investigation was interesting. McGuire's ability to inject humor into her writing provided some hilarious moments. There were some new characters in this book, but I also got to see some familiar favorites.

I will definitely be reading the next book in the series.