Daffodil

Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James
Midnight Enchantment
Anya Bast
Blood Lines - Eileen Wilks I've been wanting to continue this series for a while and decided to start with a reread of the first three books since I haven't touched them in over five years.

On the surface, Wilks' world is fairly standard to UF. Lupi (werewolves) are on the verge of being declared citizens, certain Lupi clans are fighting this change, a minority of humans can work magic and the majority of humans believe demons and magical "miracles" are exaggerated stories. However, the details she has created are interesting. Lupi society is interesting and I look forward to learning more. I'm also hoping to see more human magic users beyond Sensitives and Dizzies. It's the characters populating Wilks' universe that's the real draw for me.

Lily and Rule are an interesting couple. Forced to stay in close proximity due to the mate bond, they're learning to work within its confines. A traumatic childhood tragedy has led Lily into law enforcement. Knowing how important being able to do her job is to her, Rule willingly joins Lily in Washington D.C. during her investigation. Their stay in Dis (Hell) should have drawn them closer and it has in some ways, but they're also each hiding fears from the other.

Cynna and Cullen argue constantly, while fighting an underlying attraction. I'm not particularly invested in a relationship between the two, but I am willing to see where it goes in the future.

Lily's Grandmother is probably my favorite character and I can't wait to learn more about her history with Dragons.

I'm looking forward to continuing on to book 4.